Thursday, January 21, 2010

C is for Chocolatiers

"He took me to empty room, empty except for a single piano. He sat me down and said... play." This is how Dan Cray described learning piano. He said that his teacher was not much help when it came to his lessons, but he went on to become a great jazz piano player.

I have taken Piano and singing for 9 years from Mari, but have known her for all my life. Mari is an alto-soprano and has her grade 10 in piano. But this post isn't about Mari's piano abilities. It's about how she took her dream and made it reality.

Mari loves chocolate. She always has, she wanted to incorporate chocolate into her career. About 8 years ago Mari decided to start chocolatiering. One of her good friends started to teach the ropes of chocolate. Mari started by making easy chocolates like solid things. But now her chocolate is a work of art. She makes things like lace balls, hazelnut filled chocolates, painted Santas and Much Much MORE!!!!!!!!!

Mari has always been a free spirited person she never tries to be someone shes not. Mari is a great person and has taught me many things; how to play piano, how to make chocolates, and how to make my dreeeeams come true!


(PS that was my life lesson!)







1 comment:

  1. I'm not allowed to say bad things about your blog so it was OK.
    jk!
    not.
    jk!
    or was I?????
    confusing, right?
    AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete