Tuesday, March 2, 2010

F is for Field Hockey


Flying down the field, your hair flowing in the wind, then all of a sudden... YOU SCORE!
The crowd goes wild!

I've been playing field hockey for 5 years, and in those five years I've only scored 1 goal, but it was epic! Field hockey is my favourite sport. I play defence, as well as right wing. The object of the game is to get the ball in to the other net, pretty straightforward,right? Wrong! It's actually really difficult. Especially when the other team is better than you! The schools field hockey is really good, the tier 1 team has won OFSAA 4 times in a row. And our under 14 team went undefeated, until the championship game.


I don't really know why I like field hockey, but I guess I like it because you play with a big team, and you get a lot of exercise. When I first started field hockey I didn't know anything about it, I didn't know any of the rules, or the object of the game. But I started to play it, and I loved it.

So my life lesson is to try things new because you just might end up liking what you do!


No comments:

Post a Comment