Saturday, April 24, 2010

G is for "Green"

"I am the earth, you are the earth, the earth is dying and we are the murderers." ~~ Ymber Delecto

People today are always talking about going "green," but really what do they mean?


When I think of global warming and environment pollution I think of polar bears in the Arctic and smog in Dubai. If we were given this world we should keep it safe. I was listening to the radio today and I heard a commercial for Earth Day, it said "this earth wasn't given to us by our parents but lent to us by our children." It took me a while to understand really what this meant but after a bit I figured that they meant that you have to keep the earth clean and pollution free so our children can enjoy it just as much as we have.



Today people write books about how we are wasting so much paper, isn't that ironic? If they're really care so much about the environment that they are going to write a 400 page book about it, they should be outside and doing something about it. The people today are saying to drive energy efficient cars, when 6 types of electric cars are made in Canada but are illegal in 5 provinces. How can we safe the environment if every time we try we are shot down by the government?



There is more that 500 species at risk of extinction. How can we help those animals when there is people destroying their habitats with bull dozers and fires from the climate being too hot. When finally we get out country under control with the environment, how do we get the other 249 countries on board with helping this ongoing predicament?



I think that if everyone thinks this is a pressing issue, shouldn't the U.N. be doing something about it? If we think that the world needs our help because we are destroying it we should really go out and do something about it!



My life lesson is to protect out earth because it's the only one we have!



I commented of Laurel's blog post, F is for Future

3 comments:

  1. That is true we should be more careful of how we treet the earth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your blog a lot Hannah, I loved how you said "this earth wasn't given to us by our parents, but lent to us by our children"Because it really explains how we should help save the planet today for a better future tomorow. I also Enjoyed reading your thoughts about how we can help and what should do to save our planet. Great blog post Hannah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hannah i LOVED your blog. it was very insperational. it made me think allot.i liked how you gave examples of global warming, and most of them i didnt know about. i think that the quote that you used was very true even though the quote didn't ryhme i stilled liked it. GOOD JOB!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete